Congratulations, we all made it through the first week of the semester!
A few items as we look toward this weekend and next week:
- Before Tuesday’s class session you need to:
- Watch Disney’s Pocahontas (but not definitely not Pocahontas II because I believe in learning and good animation and strong voice acting).
- Read John Smith’s Journal (it’s the 1608 version).
- Post to the wiki for this week by 5 AM Tuesday morning. I’ve added prompts there. Don’t forget to log in and to sign your comments.
- On Tuesday, I’ll use the wiki postings as a jumping off point for our discussion of the film as compared to the history and the primary source.
- Other items to follow up on:
- If you haven’t yet, please fill out this form to indicate your preference for co-leading one of our film discussions.
- If you haven’t selected your film for the project, consider doing so. Films already selected will have someone’s name next to it on this list.
- You need to get me your Research Project URL by 9:30 AM on Thursday, September 3.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.