Click here to vote. Do so by the start of class on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
When you are finished with your project, go here and share your information on your site.
And check out your fellow classmates’ projects!
Because people were interested in the format of the mid-term, here is what it looks like. Note the directions for each section carefully.
Turn this test paper in with your blue book. [You may write on this page, but don’t put answers here.]
Midterm Examination – US History in Film, Fall 2018
PART 1 — Identification (choose 5 of 8) (30%) [20 minutes]
– Fully explain each item historically and then give its significance in this class.
- Lewis Tappan
- ID #2
- ID #3
- ID #4
- ID #5
- ID #6
- ID #7
- ID #8
PART 2 — Essay #1 (choose 1 of 2) (35%) [25 minutes]
– Write a well-organized, clear essay that answers the question. Cite examples from the lectures, discussions, readings AND films. Answers will be graded on content, evidence, and clarity.
Essay Topic 1.1
Essay Topic 1.2
PART 3 — Essay #2 (choose 1 of 2) (35%) [25 minutes]
– Again, write a well-organized, clear essay that answers the question. Cite examples from the lectures, discussions, readings, AND films. Answers will be graded on content, evidence, and clarity.
Essay Topic 2.1
Essay Topic 2.2
In order to address the day lost to the plans for the hurricane, and another lost to an event that the hurricane bumped, I’ve made the following changes to the schedule.
- Finish discussion of Last of the Mohicans on Tuesday, September 18. [Wikis due that day at 5 AM.]
- Begin historical background on The Patriot on Thursday, September 20.
- Finish discussion of The Patriot on Tuesday, September 25. [Wikis due that day at 5 AM.]
- NO CLASS on Thursday, September 27
The rest of the semester: Amistad, Gone with the Wind, & Glory will be delayed at least a week (see the class schedule page), the midterm will stay at the same time and we will cover My Darling Clementine and Matewan as a Double Feature (more details on that later).
I’m looking forward to starting our exploration of US History through the lens of filmmakers.
When you have finished your digital project, post your name and URL in the comments.
Vote on your 5 favorite sites and your 5 favorite green-screen videos here.